Creating a sense of direction and flow for your garden involves including elements that define the garden space and will thus draw in visitors. Iconic gardens are never haphazard affairs and carefully include the following elements to accomplish this:
- Always have a defined entry point. By using arbors and gates, you create a dramatic point of entry. This entry can be dramatic or subdued, but it does need to convey a sense of transition.
- Create paths that guide visitors through the garden. Stone, slate, and even grass pathways help direct visitors throughout the garden and allow them to casually stroll along until they have made their way through the garden.
- Make guests feel welcome and relaxed. Add in points for rest and meditation by placing benches near water features.
- Use color strategically. Select plants and foliage so that there are contrasts to be noticed and enjoyed.
- Turn the lights on. Lighting adds an amazing aura to any garden and allows it to be enjoyed even after the sun dips below the horizon.
Contact us at Hermes Landscaping for more landscape design ideas. Our professional team will be happy to offer you our services and suggestions.