No one is perfect, and mistakes happen. Even so, it’s best to learn from other people’s mistakes so that you don’t have to learn the same painful (and sometimes expensive) lessons yourself. Here are 5 landscape maintenance tips we tell our clients:
- Prune carefully. Makes sure that you time your pruning for when it won’t kill your shrubs, etc. Further, be careful not to over-prune as this can make your plant sick and susceptible to diseases and infestation.
- Don’t girdle your trees. By girdling them with vines, the vines can choke your trees and kill them in time.
- Plant symmetrically. Nothing looks worse than an unbalanced landscape, or landscaping that isn’t pruned and maintained symmetrically.
- Don’t scalp the grass. Make sure your grass looks neat, but isn’t cut so short that it impacts the health of the grass.
- Do your homework first. Be sure you are choosing plants that are suited for your climate. It may look pretty in the nursery, but it may not last that long with the changing seasons.
We invite you to contact Hermes Landscaping for more landscape maintenance tips. We’ll be happy to dig up a few that are specific to your landscaping needs.