During the daytime, enjoying your home’s landscape is easy; the bright sun illuminates your lawn and outdoor rooms perfectly. But when night falls, you can still enjoy your beautiful landscape with the right illumination. Landscape lighting is both functional and aesthetic in nature. From lighting pathways to architectural features, there are many ways lighting can make your home come to life at night.
Here are 5 ways to illuminate your landscape at night:
1. Security Lighting. Lighting entryways, doorways and windows surrounded by heavy landscaping can deter home invasions and keep you aware of your surroundings at night.
2. Path Lighting. Illuminating pathways, stairs, landscaping steps and entry from the street to your home will make the high traffic areas of your landscape safer.
3. Back Lighting. Add a beautiful silhouette behind your favorite architectural structure, tree or statuary with back lighting.
4. Up Lighting. Highlight those columns, flags, trees and taller architectural elements with up lighting.
5. Down Lighting. If you don’t want those fixtures to be visible, make them hidden in trees or overhanging areas. Great for illuminating outdoor entertaining areas.
Hermes Landscaping can illuminate your Kansas City area landscape with captivating outdoor lighting; just give us a call at 913-888-2400.