Many people love to tend to their gardens. It is a green past time that relieves stress and helps them to connect with nature. However, gardening can bring up the cost of your water bill if you are not careful to conserve. Here are a few great tips on saving water in the garden courtesy of the National Gardening Association:
- Mulching around your plants helps to keep the weeds out and helps to keep the soil from drying out too quickly.
- Water your garden in the cool of the day so the water will not evaporate quickly.
- Select native plants or well-suited plants that grow well for your area.
- Try using a drip irrigation system for watering your garden.
- To avoid over watering, place a shallow pan in the garden while you run the sprinklers, when the pan is full, that is enough watering.
A home garden is rewarding in a variety of ways. From growing your own edibles to saving money on fresh produce, a home garden does more than just looks nice, it’s highly purposeful too! If you want to have a garden specially designed for your Kansas City area home, call Hermes Landscaping at 913-888-2400.