Have you always dreamed about growing your own produce, yet you skeptical about the size of your landscape? No matter how much space you have available, you can create a beautiful and edible landscape design at home. Impress your friends and neighbors with the delicious fruits, vegetables, and herbs grown right in your backyard by getting started with these tips.
- Opt for the space-saving option of miniature trees. If you cannot grow full size trees, grow all your favorite fruits on dwarfs that only reach 4 to 5 feet.
- Benefit from the attractive rhubarb plants. You can grow rhubarb in your vegetable plot or use it to fill flower beds with some additional foliage.
- Use strawberry for edging. Grow one or two rows of plants around borders and flower beds, or use them anywhere in your landscape that needs ground cover.
- Design your vegetable garden to be aesthetically pleasing. Decorative ideas include raised beds separated by wood chip or gravel paths.
- Plant fruit-bearing bushes. Blueberry and currant bushes are easy to grow and harvest, while they also add an attractive quality to your garden.
- Grow vegetable plants according to their appearances. Consider the colors of leaves when sowing seeds of different vegetables close to each other.
For support in all aspects of landscape and garden design and maintenance, contact us at Hermes Landscaping.