The fall chill is in the air and the following landscape maintenance tips will keep your trees, shrubs, and grass in good health over the months ahead.
- Mow low from here on out. Lower the height of your mower to 2″ to help your grass resist matting under leaves or the snowfalls that are on the horizon.
- Don’t turn the water off just yet. Keep watering once or twice each week to ensure your grasses roots are strong and stable.
- Seed your lawn. Sow grass seed now so it has time to take root. This should remove any bare spots by spring.
- Fertilize everything. Your grass, trees, and shrubs should get a solid dose of fertilizer right now. Be sure to follow the instructions on your fertilizer to avoid dispersing too much.
- Kill the weeds. Using herbicides now will keep dandelions, clovers, and other weeds from popping up in the spring.
The professionals at Hermes Landscaping would be happy to offer you more landscape maintenance tips that will keep your landscape looking sharp over the fall and winter months ahead. We invite you to contact us with your questions and to learn about the off-season services we can offer you.