Spring is the perfect time for all types of gardening from personal yards to large scale projects. To see the lasting effects for the rest of the year it’s a good ideas to begin working on your landscape design now. Consider these tips as you begin planning…
- Add fragrance. When choosing flowers, it is important to consider scent along with aesthetics and color. Not all plants have a strong fragrance, but those that do provide a whole extra sensory level to your landscaping.
- Use variegated foliage. Start thinking ahead to the winter months when your flowers will no longer be in bloom. You do not want your landscape to have a bare look, so incorporate some variegated plants for beautiful year-long greenery.
- Choose a variety of colors. Create a bright and welcoming feel by using flowers in a variety of styles and tones.
- Create a community garden. Allow people from all over the neighborhood to grow their own vegetables when they do not have space at home.
- Share with wildlife. Provide bees, birds and butterflies with a home in through your choice of plants and habitats.
For any form of Kansas City landscaping service, contact us at Hermes Landscaping. We offer landscaping design, installation, maintenance and support for both residential and commercial projects.