Soggy soil can dampen your gardening plans during the growing months and make is considerably difficult for your plants to grow and thrive. Here are some solutions that will help you solve the problem once and for all.
- Select plants that thrive in high water environments. There are plenty of moisture-tolerant plants you can incorporate that won’t mind the extra water at all.
- Install a French drain. This is a series of tubes you can bury in the soil to collect water and redirect it out of your garden.
- Place your plants in raised containers. This will make it easier for you to control the amount of moisture they are receiving.
- Incorporate hardscaping. Paving stones, gravel, wood, concrete, and rock can all be used to help direct moisture away from the garden and help you control the amount of water that can drain into the soil.
- Plant some moss. Not only is it beautiful as it grows, but it helps soak up the moisture like a sponge.