As the feel of Spring hits the air we start to think about our landscaping. The trends of 2013 have been announced in the garden world and there are many ideas that you can implement into your landscaping plans.
- Outdoor Rooms – Spaces that include fireplaces, outdoor kitchens and lush sitting areas are popular as people go out less and enjoy staying in more.
- Sustainability – Less grass and more vegetable gardens, fruit trees, rain barrels and native plants are showing up in gardens.
- Water Saving – Installation of drip systems, drought resistant planting and less grass are paving the way for water conservation.
- Water Features – From fountains to waterfalls water features are back and making a splash in landscape design.
- Free Range – On top of fruit and vegetable gardens homeowners are adding chicken coops and bee hives to their yards.
Incorporating these trends into your landscape design can give you a yard that is both sustainable and relaxing. If you have any questions about turning your backyard into an outdoor living haven contact the experts at Hermes Landscaping.