The weather is warming up and the time has come to start irrigating your landscape. Before you flip on the switch, make sure you have a professional conduct commercial irrigation maintenance, otherwise you could be in for some nasty surprises and repairs.
Because irrigation systems are somewhat fragile and easy to damage, it’s best to hire a commercial landscaper to prepare and maintain your irrigation systems. When you do, they will conduct the following services safely on your behalf:
- Inspect the backflow system. This system works to ensure that no water used for watering your landscape can return into the water supply where it might be consumed by humans.
- Make sure your zones are adjusted. This means properly adjusting and aiming nozzles and watering devices so the water is not wasted. This is important both from a conservation and a cost control standpoint.
- Inspect all pipes and connections for leaks, cracks, and wear and tear.
- “Charge” the line to ensure that everything is working properly.
- Program the irrigation control unit to provide the maximum benefit to your specific landscape.