Just because you have a small yard doesn’t mean it can’t be as stunning as a large, open space. There are some simple things you can do to maximize the space you do have, as seen in these handy tips from Better Homes and Gardens.
- Include a change in elevation, like a platform seating or dining area.
- Do simple plantings that are easy to maintain, and plant things in containers so you can easily move them around and alter the look of your space.
- Pay attention to scale. Any furniture you include should be fairly small and compact, with thin frames and airy design. Small bistro-style dining sets are perfect.
- Stick with a simple color palette so as not to overwhelm the space.
- Don’t forget about lighting. You don’t have to install a fancy light fixture, just hang some fun solar powered lanterns or place candles and torches around the space. (And always keep fire safety in mind!)
- Set the mood with a fun focal point, like this fire bowl. It’s a petite version of the ever-popular fire bowl.
- Want a pond or waterfall but don’t have the space? You can still enjoy the relaxing sound of running water with a tabletop fountain.
Hiring a professional landscape designer, like Hermes Landscaping, is also a wise choice because we have the knowledge and experience to make the most of whatever space you have, as well as an understanding of the types of plants, structures, etc that work best. Call us today for all of your landscaping needs in the greater Kansas City area!
image via BHG