The sun is high in the sky again and the grass is starting to turn green after the long winter months. It won’t be long before it starts growing again and these mowing tips will help your business keep your property from turning into a jungle in the months ahead.
- Make sure to alternate your mowing directions. This will help mitigate the formation of ruts in the lawn.
- Mow a bit higher as the temperature rises. This will encourage deep root growth and a healthier lawn.
- Keep your business’ mowing equipment in good condition. Make sure that spark plugs, blades, wheels, and of course the engine are operating properly and at peak performance levels.
- Be careful leaving grass clippings on the lawn. While they will contribute fresh organic nutrients into the soil, if they’re too thick they will smother the lawn and cause brown spots.
- Watch the weather. If it’s too hot, don’t mow and instead allow your grass to grow a bit longer than normal.
For more mowing tips and landscaping suggestions, contact the professional landscaping team at Hermes Landscaping. We will be happy to help your business prepare for spring and get your landscape in shape for the growing season ahead.