Warmer weather outside calls to not only you and your family, but the pests that you would rather not have as guests as well. You can make your yard less inviting by following these five landscaping pest control tips:
- Keep your greenery trimmed and groomed. Those dark, damp areas underneath and around vegetation is a neon sign for infestation to begin.
- Be vigilant when it comes to the types of plants you are cultivating, some are more prone to visitors than others.
- Careful with the mulch. This should never be more than two to three inches deep, it is a haven for a number of different insects.
- Clean up your yard, this means you will need to pick up after fruit bearing plants, vegetables, and family members spending time outside, especially with food.
- Change your outdoor lights to yellow bug lights, or decrease the intensity of the beam. House lights are like a spot light calling for pests to come over.