The perfect lawn takes root in the planning you complete before the first shovelful of dirt is turned. Here are some residential landscape design tips that will help you create the landscape you’ve always wanted.
- Conduct an inventory. Determine what plants you have, their condition, and their location in your landscape. Doing so can help you select the perfect plants to complement what you already have on hand.
- Keep it simple. Make sure your landscape is easy to maintain and doesn’t require lots of special care and treatment to stay healthy.
- Select quality materials. Make sure to purchase good quality plants, and solid hardscaping that won’t fall apart on you.
- Create a schedule. Make sure you schedule weekly, monthly, and seasonal tasks so that you don’t get behind on chores or maintenance.
- Continually analyze your landscape. Keep an eye on your landscape to determine what plants are doing. Doing so can help you adjust your watering schedules, your fertilizing plans, and your planting patterns.
We invite you to contact Hermes Landscaping for help with your residential landscape design projects. We can help you take stock of what you have, and help you select the elements that will complete your lawn.