Landscape design in Kansas City can be a challenge. From the climate to the soil, certain plants simply don’t do well here. Fortunately, there are a number of plants that thrive here and truly enhance your landscape:
- Blue Muffin Viburnum – This plant is a favorite for its beautiful flowers and berries, as well as its fragrance. This multi-seasonal plant will delight you all year long.
- Sweetbay Magnolia – This beautiful plant is easy to maintain and offers a vibrant shade of green.
- Walker’s Low Catmint – The bright purple flowers and bluish green leaves of Catmint can bloom well into the late summer months.
- Little Henry Sweetspire – This common plant grows to be about 5 feet tall and looks great in June and again in the fall when it’s leaves take on extra color.
- Drift Roses – A rose is a rose, but Drift Roses are something special. They are low-maintenance and offer year round color. They are also highly resistant to cold and diseases.
Ready to prepare your landscape for the spring? We invite you to contact Hermes Landscaping to speak with our design team. We’ll be happy to help you design the landscape you’ve always wanted to own.