If you live in Kansas or have a business in Kansas, you need to know the importance of using native plants in your home or business landscape. There are a plenty of reasons why this is a desirable choice, but here are a few of the most prevalent ones.
- Beauty & Interest. Native plants not only add interest, they differ from the typical plants that most people landscape with.
- Well Adapted. Since native plants are adapted to our environment, they will receive everything they need to grow and flourish naturally.
- Hardiness. Most native plants are hardy and will survive for hundreds of years as long as their soil, moisture and sun requirements are satisfied.
- No fertilizer needed. It is not necessary to fertilize native plants in order to survive.
- No watering needed. Native plants that are planted in a site that matches their moisture requirements only need water once first established. Afterwards, you don’t need to water them. This saves you big in time and money.
- No insecticides needed. Since native plants attract native insects, it will create a mini-ecosystem with beneficial insects and birds that will help control any pest species.
Are you ready to begin planning your landscape with native plants that will make your home or business’ outdoor environment flourish? Contact Hermes Landscaping in Lenexa, KS. We gladly service the Kansas City area.